In addition to monetary donations, there are many other ways you can contribute to our work at Christopher’s Haven. Your help is important to the kids undergoing cancer treatment and to their families.
School, Religious, Community or Corporate Groups can also participate by:
- Prepare a meal for guests during the week
- Group clean-up and organization
- Game night
- Talent night
- Ice cream social
- Adopt-a-Holiday (not just in December)
- Cleaning Products Drive (specifically “natural” cleaning products, bleach, paper towels & hand sanitizer)
There are many opportunities for individuals to volunteer their time and services to Christopher’s Haven by:
- Special projects suited to your interests
- Obtaining gift cards or tickets for local events or museums
- Assist in the community relations programs, PR activities, Gala event planning
There is no shortage of ways individuals can help. These include:
- Sponsoring or hosting a fundraising event designed to increase awareness
- Donating your professional support —pro bono sharing of skills such as PR, legal support, light carpentry, painting etc.
- Offering your professional skills to families staying at Christopher’s Haven like giving massages, manicures, cooking or nutrition tutorials
- Host a scrap-booking party for the families for craft night
- Participate in fundraising events like the Annual Gala, golf tournaments, etc
- Share your hobby skills with families through a teaching session in The Loft
- Host a Lia Sophia party
- Host a Discovery Toys party
These are just a few things that volunteers can do. There are so many wonderful opportunities for adults and children to participate. If you interested in learning more how you or your group can be more involved, please contact us today.